Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great snack for my kids.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional
- flour, for the pan
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chops
- Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat oven to 350°; butter and flour a 9 inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar using an electric mixer at medium speed; continue beating until pale brown and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the molasses until smooth and uniform.
- Then beat in the eggs one at a time, allowing the first to be thoroughly incorporated before adding the second; scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in first the chocolate chips, then the flour mixture, just until incorporated—do not beat.
- Spoon batter into pan, spreading it gently into the corners.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is light brown and pick comes out clean; set pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the blondies into 16 squares while they are still in the pan; carefully remove them with an offset spatula.
- Serve immediately, or let cool completely before covering with plastic wrap for storage at room temperature.
These are awesome! I made them with gluten-free flours and added crystallized ginger too.They freeze very well and thaw quickly .