1/1 Photo of Gingerbread Biscotti
1 hr 10 mins
Another great recipe from Fine Cooking magazine, by Abigail Johnson Dodge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups flour (10 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, coarsely chopped (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; line sheet pan with parchment (don't use a silpat).
- 2Combine ingredients through soda in a stand mixer and mix thoroughly on medium-low speed.
- 3Mix in briefly nuts and fruit.
- 4Mix molasses eggs and zest in a measuring cup. With mixer on low slowly add egg mixture. Mix for a minute or two, till the dough starts to come together in clumps.
- 5Divide dough in two,about 1 lb each. Form logs about 10 inches by 1 1/2 inch each.
- 6Bake on pan about 30 to 35 minutes. Tops will be cracked and will spring back when lightly pressed.
- 7Let cool on a rack about 10 minutes.
- 8Peel the logs from parchment and move to a cutting board. Slice diagonally into pieces about 3/4 inch wide.
- 9Place biscotti back on pan, cut sides down, (ok to reuse parchment) and bake for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on if you want chewy or crunchy.
- 10Let cool completely, store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 92.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g