Another great recipe from Fine Cooking magazine, by Abigail Johnson Dodge.
Make and share this Gingerbread Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour (10 ounces)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, coarsely chopped (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line sheet pan with parchment (don't use a silpat).
- Combine ingredients through soda in a stand mixer and mix thoroughly on medium-low speed.
- Mix in briefly nuts and fruit.
- Mix molasses eggs and zest in a measuring cup. With mixer on low slowly add egg mixture. Mix for a minute or two, till the dough starts to come together in clumps.
- Divide dough in two,about 1 lb each. Form logs about 10 inches by 1 1/2 inch each.
- Bake on pan about 30 to 35 minutes. Tops will be cracked and will spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool on a rack about 10 minutes.
- Peel the logs from parchment and move to a cutting board. Slice diagonally into pieces about 3/4 inch wide.
- Place biscotti back on pan, cut sides down, (ok to reuse parchment) and bake for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on if you want chewy or crunchy.
- Let cool completely, store in airtight container.