Recipe by Rinder
Spicy, moist cake which is why it is my all time favourite Gingerbread. It came from a Robin Hood Cookbook I got for a wedding shower present.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices in a bowl mixing well to blend.
- Cream shortening, sugar and eggs thoroughly.
- Add molasses and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to molasses mixture.
- Stir in boiling water; mix well.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.