Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
It is an easy recipe that tastes good and is not that messy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a small bowl combine flour, ginger, baking powder, cloves (optional), cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In small saucepan heat over low heat: butter, both sugars and syrup until butter is melted in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour in a large bowl and let it cool for 10 minute.
- Stir syrup mixture in with flour mixture with 1/4 of a cup of water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough to about 1/8-inch thick, using a cookie cutter.
- Bake on baking paper sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Decorate with sultanas etc.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes.