Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Ginger is known for its healing properties and spicy teaste. It turns this already dynamic loaf into a Spice Capade. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 709.77 ml flour
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml allspice
- egg substitute (to equal 2 eggs)
- 118.29 ml oil
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 236.59 ml soymilk
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 44.37-88.74 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 118.29 ml crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
- 118.29 ml walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, beking powder, baking soda, salt, and allspice.
- Add the egg replacer, oil, molasses, milk, vinegar, ginger, optional crystallized ginger, and nuts.
- Mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Very good recipe although I added extra spices - 1/2 tsp. each of nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon and 1/4 tsp cloves.