Ginger is known for its healing properties and spicy teaste. It turns this already dynamic loaf into a Spice Capade. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- egg substitute (to equal 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 -6 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together the flour, beking powder, baking soda, salt, and allspice.
- 3Add the egg replacer, oil, molasses, milk, vinegar, ginger, optional crystallized ginger, and nuts.
- 4Mix together gently until just mixed.
- 5Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- 6Test with a knife to see if done.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for GingerBread
Serving Size: 1 (994 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3353.6
- Calories from Fat 1404
- Total Fat 156.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2909.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 439.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 97.5 g
- Protein 59.0 g