Recipe by 2Bleu
Serve this bread warm with whipped cream, ice cream or applesauce.
Top Review by Noo
This easy to follow recipe was perfect for my DD and one of her little chums ( both aged four) to make with me.
No need for a mixer, so the girls had a whale of a time mixing it up by hand, and measuring out little spoonfuls of spices-not to mention licking out the bowl afterwards.
It was quite mild in flavour, and not overly sweet either.
The girls enjoyed the fruits of their labour soon after it emerged from the oven, along with my DS, who arrived on the scene after the smell wafted over to him.
A great recipe for the kids-thanks guys!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup water, hot from the tap
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter and molasses.
- Stir in the water until well mixed.
- Add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into greased baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.