Recipe by KiwiHil
This is a cakey gingerbread that you can cut slices of like a loaf. It is a family favourite, and lots of my friends have asked for the recipe. Yum!
Top Review by Missy Wombat
This is a good recipe and I can definitely see it being made again. In fact I've put in on my next fortnight's menu plan already. And you get two loaves from 2 eggs! Can't complain about that!
- 4 ounces butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup lukewarm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light coloured.
- Add eggs and beat again.
- Heat golden syrup until thin, remove from heat and add milk. Stir together.
- Sift together flour, ginger and cinnamon, and add them alternately with the liquid, to the creamed mixture.
- Dissolve baking soda in water and add, stir well.
- Bake in two lined loaf tins 160C for 1 1/4 hours.