Recipe by Dienia B.
From an old newspaper clipping from Libby.this is an ok gingerbread it does taste good but do watch it its very old recipe and sorghum is molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lard or 1 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sorghum
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 3 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and lard; add eggs.
- Add spices and vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in coffee.
- Add flour, then coffee mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- NOTE: Watch this. It scorches easily. That's what it says guys, and if they said that 50 years ago it's probably gospel.