Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, packed in syrup
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries (3C)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium saucepan combine the undrained pinapple, sugar, water, and ginger.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cranberries.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cook and stir 3 or 4 minutes or until cranberies pop.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Cover and chill for up to 3 days.
- Stir in walnuts right before filling containers.
- They are best added at the last minute.