Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- Combine 1 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring with a whisk.
- Place ginger on a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Gather edges of cheesecloth; tie securely. Place the cheesecloth bag in a large pitcher, and add lemon juice.
- Add the sugar mixture and remaining 5 cups water to pitcher, and stir well.
- Refrigerate the lemonade for 2 hours or until chilled. Discard cheesecloth bag.