Recipe by Manami
Bon Apetit, August/07. Assemble the berries and yogurt up to a few hours ahead, then about 10 minutes before serving -- pour the caramel, then let it harden. Can't enter the size of yogurt - so, it is 7 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 (7 ounce) container Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces crystallized ginger, minced
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled, halved (quartered if large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- BERRIES & YOGURT.
- Mix yogurt and ginger in medium bowl; spread in large shallow serving bowl.
- Cover yogurt with berries. (DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead; cover and chill.).
- Stir sugar and water in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat; boil without stirring until mixture is dark caramel color, swirling pan occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Immediately pour hot caramel over berries, avoiding pouring down inner sides of bowl.
- Let stand until caramel hardens, about 5 minutes, and serve.