Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Mark Bittman. Think this would be good on roasted butternut squash/sweet potato or squash soup. Thank you Chef#945395 for suggesting lemon juice amount.
- 1 cup yogurt, preferably whole milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh minced
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice (to taste)
- Combine all.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours, but bring to room temperature before serving.
I did use this on a butternut and acorn squash soup and it turned out very well. I even prefer this over sour cream! I always find that ginger and lemon juice go very well together.
Mmm! I added 1 1/2 teaspoons Meyer lemon juice... This was perfect with my homemade chapati bread!
Delicious! I also served this with butternut squash and would like to try it with acorn squash next time insha Allah. It didn't even need the sea salt I used and black pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice. It was great as stated but I will try reducing the garlic slightly next time per preference. Made for 1~2~3 Hits - February 2010 ~ Fall in Love with Red!