Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From <i>Taste of Home</i>. Very light and tasty. Good for autumn meals. Warming without being fattening.
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken, if you don't care about making this vegetarian)
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, simmer broth and squash.
- Add applesauce, sugar, ginger, and salt.
- Boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until soup becomes creamy to taste.
- Enjoy with a generous slice of whole wheat bread, or whatever else floats your soup-y boat.