Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ginger Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 cup white pearl onion
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup stir-fry mixed sprouts
- Peel pearl onions according to package directions. Halve peeled onions.
- To prepare sauce, stir together orange juice, water, sherry, orange peel, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In wok or large skillet heat some of the oil; add garlic and crystallized ginger, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from wok.
- Stir sauce again; pour into center of wok and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the cooked onions, peppers, and broccoli to wok; stir well to coat with the sauce.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes more or until heated through.
- Uncover; stir in stir-fry sprouts and serve.