I got this from Rachel Ray's "365: No Repeats" but made some alterations. This would be really good with added mushrooms and onions or pretty much an vegetables you like! You could also omit the chicken and swap vegetable stock for the chicken stock and add some tofu for a yummy vegetarian meal! I have made this with more or less liquid depending on whether I wanted soup or something closer to chicken lo mein.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken thigh
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (I omitted this because my family doesn't like it)
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups stock
- 1/2 lb vermicelli
- 4 scallions
- 1 cup fresh crisp bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- 2Finely chop garlic.
- 3Peel ginger and cut into matchsticks or grate.
- 4Grate carrots.
- 5Trim scallions and cut into 2 1/2 inch lengths, then cut lengthwise into matchsticks.
- 6Heat a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- 7Add vegetable oil.
- 8Add chicken and lightly brown it, about 3 minutes.
- 9Add garlic and ginger and stir.
- 10Add carrots.
- 11Season with garlic salt, white pepper, cumin and five-spice powder.
- 12Add stock.
- 13Bring to a boil.
- 14Add vermicelli and reduce to simmer.
- 15Cook 3 minutes then add scallions, bean sprouts and spinach.
- 16Turn off heat.
- 17Let soup stand for 5 minutes, adjust seasonings and serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Vegetable Chicken Noodle Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1252.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 42.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder