Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces (may use chicken thighs)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks (2-inch piece of ginger, may grate instead of cut into matchsticks)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli
- 4 scallions, cut into 2 1/2 inch lengths then cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups fresh crisp bean sprouts
- Heat a medium sized pot over med-high heat; add in vegetable oil, then add in the chicken; cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, stir; add in the carrots; season with salt and pepper; add in the cumin and five-spice powder.
- Add in the stock and bring soup to a boil.
- Add in the vermicelli and decrease heat to a simmer; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the scallions and bean sprouts and turn off the heat; let the soup stand for 5 minutes, adjust seasonings and serve.
This was really good. The broth was full of flavor. I loved the crunch of the bean sprouts. Very easy too. I will make again!
Yummy!! I love noodle bowls and this is toooo easy! :)