Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is based on a recipe from Farallon restaurant, which I believe is in San Francisco - the recipe was in the newspaper, and is a great adult version of the classic ice-cream float.
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (1/3 cup each)
- cilled ginger ale or ginger beer
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lightly sweetened whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon toasted shredded coconut
- lime slice (optional)
- Scoop ice cream into chilled 16 ounce glass.
- Add the lime juice.
- Fill with ginger ale or ginger beer (ginger beer has a much sharper, more spicy flavor, if you're unfamiliar with it).
- Top with whipped cream and coconut and garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- To toast coconut, spread flaked coconut on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and store in an airtight container or bag until needed.
For a slightly lower cal option, I prefer to leave out he whipped cream. Otherwise, this is very refreshing and most enjoyable in summers.