Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you like the taste of ginger you'll love these. Preparation time does not include the resting time of overnight in the fridge
- 4 ounces crystallized ginger, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- sugar, to sprinkle (granulated or confectioners)
- Cream the butter, honey& sugar until light& fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Mix in the ginger.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder& salt.
- Stir (not beat) the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
- Take small amounts of dough and roll into ropes about 1/4" thick and 10" long, twist them into pretzel shapes, sprinkle with sugar and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned in a 325F oven.
- Remove and cool on racks.
- Store in tins or air tight containers.
Bergy, I just loved the flavor of these ginger twists! I halved the recipe. I think I overbaked them by a few minutes, but next time they will be perfected! Thanks for a flavor sensation!!! Be careful not to overbake!