Recipe by Bergy
If you like the taste of ginger you'll love these. Preparation time does not include the resting time of overnight in the fridge
Top Review by Sharon123
Bergy, I just loved the flavor of these ginger twists! I halved the recipe. I think I overbaked them by a few minutes, but next time they will be perfected! Thanks for a flavor sensation!!! Be careful not to overbake!
- 4 ounces crystallized ginger, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- sugar, to sprinkle (granulated or confectioners)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, honey& sugar until light& fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Mix in the ginger.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder& salt.
- Stir (not beat) the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
- Take small amounts of dough and roll into ropes about 1/4" thick and 10" long, twist them into pretzel shapes, sprinkle with sugar and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned in a 325F oven.
- Remove and cool on racks.
- Store in tins or air tight containers.