1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A perfect way to take advantage of those end-of-season tomatoes. A Pennsylvania Dutch recipe from the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. Cooking time includes sealing time. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald tomatoes briefly in boiling water, peel and cut into quarters.
- 2Add sugar, spices, and lemons.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook slowly until mixture is thick, taking care not to let it scorch.
- 4Fill 8 sterilized jars and process in boiling water bath until sealed.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Tomato Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (6076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1203.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 307.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 300.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: