Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great teriyaki from Nina Simonds Spices of Life. We love it on salmon (brushed on toward the end of cooking) It is sticky, glaze-y, sweet and hot.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine or 1⁄3 cup sake
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds (toasted, to taste) (optional)
- Mix together all the ingredients in a medium heavy saucepan and heat until thickened, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly before using. Can be doubled and stores for a week or so in the fridge.