Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
After a few experiments with my first attempt at a tea base sauce (recipe: 285505). I came up with a base, that I have been using in a few types of sauces and dressings. My main reason for doing this is so we can have low sodium choices in our house.
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn, cracked
- 2 cups water
- 3 black tea bags
- Put the spices in the small pan, add water.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain into glass jar, add tea bags.
- Brew for 7 - 10 minutes.
- Cover jar and cool.