1/1 Photo of Ginger Tea Granita
Icy and refreshing! Serve as a dessert or a cooling snack. Caribbean, Southwestern, Mexican, Southern
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons sliced gingerroot
- 1/4-1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 family-size tea bags (I use decaffinated)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- fresh mint sprig
- 1Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Add tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes.
- 5Remove tea bags, squeezing gently; add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- 7Pour tea through a wire-mesh strainer into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- 8Freeze 8 hours.
- 9Remove mixture from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- 10Process mixture, one-fourth at a time, in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 11Serve immediately, and garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Tea Granita
Serving Size: 1 (2354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
family-size tea bags