Recipe by Sharon123
Icy and refreshing! Serve as a dessert or a cooling snack. Caribbean, Southwestern, Mexican, Southern
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
LOVED it! So very refreshing with the ginger and lemon together! I made it exactly as stated, didn't find it too sweet, it was perfect for us. This is the ideal summer drink! Thank you, Sharon, for sharing this wonderful recipe, this definitely is a keeper!
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons sliced gingerroot
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 family-size tea bags (I use decaffinated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, squeezing gently; add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour tea through a wire-mesh strainer into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Freeze 8 hours.
- Remove mixture from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- Process mixture, one-fourth at a time, in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately, and garnish, if desired.