Recipe by Lady Lisette
I usually use this as a dipping sauce when putting out dumplings. It also works nicely as a stir fry sauce. This sauce also works with sugar free preserves.
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the preserves in a small saucepan over med-low heat. When preserves have melted add rest of ingredients. Taste to make sure you have the right balance of sweet to sour, some preserves are sweeter than others. You may need to add just a dash more vinegar or a heaping spoonfull of preserves to balance the flavors.