1/1 Photo of Ginger Suckers/Lollie Pops (Morning Sickness, Motion Sickness, C
My friend was having horrible morning sickness and the commercial suckers are awfully expensive, so I came up with this. Head on over to Hobby Lobby and buy a candy thermometer, a sucker mold and some sucker sticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare candy molds per manufacturer's directions. CAUTION: It's really easy to burn yourself on hot candy. Be careful!
- 2Over medium heat: Stir together sugar, corn syrup and water in a sauce pan until sugar crystals dissolve. As soon as candy starts to boil, STOP STIRRING.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook to the hardball stage (300*). Check candy by dipping a spoon in the molton candy and drip into a glass of cold water. Reach in the water and check the candy strand. Candy is done when the test strand comes out brittle.
- 4Let candy stand until it stops bubbling.
- 5Very quickly add in ginger powder and food coloring and stir just until mixed.
- 6Pour into molds and let set up. Number of servings will depend on your mold.
- 7Coat suckers with a little powdered sugar and individually wrap with plastic.
- 8Suck on the sucker until nausea subsides.
You Might Also Like...View All Homeopathy/Remedies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Suckers/Lollie Pops (Morning Sickness, Motion Sickness, C
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g