My friend was having horrible morning sickness and the commercial suckers are awfully expensive, so I came up with this. Head on over to Hobby Lobby and buy a candy thermometer, a sucker mold and some sucker sticks.
- Prepare candy molds per manufacturer's directions. CAUTION: It's really easy to burn yourself on hot candy. Be careful!
- Over medium heat: Stir together sugar, corn syrup and water in a sauce pan until sugar crystals dissolve. As soon as candy starts to boil, STOP STIRRING.
- Bring to a boil and cook to the hardball stage (300*). Check candy by dipping a spoon in the molton candy and drip into a glass of cold water. Reach in the water and check the candy strand. Candy is done when the test strand comes out brittle.
- Let candy stand until it stops bubbling.
- Very quickly add in ginger powder and food coloring and stir just until mixed.
- Pour into molds and let set up. Number of servings will depend on your mold.
- Coat suckers with a little powdered sugar and individually wrap with plastic.
- Suck on the sucker until nausea subsides.
ive had terrible moring sickness, and im 16 1/2 weeks along!! these are a LIFESAVER!!! thank u so much!!!