Recipe by Bonnie G #2
A Taste of Home recipe that combines pumpkin pie with a streusel topping with ginger - has got to be good. Though I haven't tried it yet this is going on my holiday menu for sure.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry.
- Transfer pastry to a 9 inch pie plate.
- Trim pastry to 1/2 in beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, cream sugars, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumble.
- Stir in walnuts and ginger.
- Sently sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 15-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.