from Williams Sonoma's Cooking Basics. Serve with steamed white rice.
Make and share this Ginger Stir Fried Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb scallops
for the marinade
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
for the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice (bottled)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients with the scallops and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a wok or heavy skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the green onion and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Season lightly with salt.
- Add the remaining oil to pan, then add the scallops with their marinade and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce that was set aside. Stir fry until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with pepper and serve.