Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a delicious way to cook cauliflower. I like mine crisp so I do not steam it before stir frying however if you like it cooked more steam for 5 minutes before stir frying it
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into 1 1/2" florets
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml lite olive oil (or other oil)
- 14.79 ml ginger, peeled,minced
- 7.39 ml garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 59.14 ml chicken or 59.14 ml vegetable stock
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch (optional)
- 29.58 ml water (optional)
- Mix cauliflower with 1 tbsp soy sauce & have the sugar stirred into the soy.
- Turn wok or large skillet to high heat, add oil, and when it starts smoking add ginger and garlic for about 15 seconds Turn heat down a little bit but still high.
- Add cauliflower and scallions, stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, water, oyster sauce and remaining soy sauce Cook for 1 minute.
- If you like a thicker sauce add corn starch stir and cook for no more than 1 minute.
Oh, my fear of oyster sauce has been cured forever!!! This is an absolutely awesome recipe! I did steam my cauliflower before stir-frying, added some ground black pepper, and used regular onion because I didn't have any scallions. I also used the cornstarch to thicken the sauce, and I cannot wait to try this sauce with other veggies! The only thing I was a bit confused on is that sugar is listed in the ingredients, but it doesn't say when to add it in the recipe. I added it when I added the sauces and it was great. Thank you Bergy! ~Manda
Even people who hate cauliflower will love this. I thought that the world was coming to an end when my son got seconds. I didn't have fresh ginger so I used ground ginger instead and it still tasted great. I just added the ground ginger when I got to Step 4. I used 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in lieu of the lite olive oil so that it would have a more Asian flavor. The sauce is so good that you can use it with a variety of vegetables - preferably vegetables that you can't get your children to normally eat.
very good and makes bland veggies tasty. would also be good w/ a few shrimps thrown in there.