Recipe by Bergy
This is a delicious way to cook cauliflower. I like mine crisp so I do not steam it before stir frying however if you like it cooked more steam for 5 minutes before stir frying it
Top Review by Manda
Oh, my fear of oyster sauce has been cured forever!!! This is an absolutely awesome recipe! I did steam my cauliflower before stir-frying, added some ground black pepper, and used regular onion because I didn't have any scallions. I also used the cornstarch to thicken the sauce, and I cannot wait to try this sauce with other veggies! The only thing I was a bit confused on is that sugar is listed in the ingredients, but it doesn't say when to add it in the recipe. I added it when I added the sauces and it was great. Thank you Bergy! ~Manda
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into 1 1/2" florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil (or other oil)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled,minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken or 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cauliflower with 1 tbsp soy sauce & have the sugar stirred into the soy.
- Turn wok or large skillet to high heat, add oil, and when it starts smoking add ginger and garlic for about 15 seconds Turn heat down a little bit but still high.
- Add cauliflower and scallions, stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, water, oyster sauce and remaining soy sauce Cook for 1 minute.
- If you like a thicker sauce add corn starch stir and cook for no more than 1 minute.