Don't pass this one up, it is the best recipes for ginger fried beef I have ever tried! You can prepare the beef hours in advance if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons wine (red or white)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup sugar
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional and to taste)
- 1Slice the steak while partially frozen into narrow strips (this makes it easier to slice).
- 2Defrost the meat completely and squeeze out any excess water in the beef strips.
- 3In a bowl, mix together the beef strips and beaten eggs.
- 4Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup water, and mix with beef/egg mixture.
- 5Pour in about 3-4 tablespoons of oil in a wok until very hot, but not smoking.
- 6Add half of the beef to the oil.
- 7Separate with a fork, and cook, stirring occasionally until crispy, transfer to a plate.
- 8Repeat with the remaining beef.
- 9Remove the beef, set aside and drain oil.
- 10Up to this point, the beef can be prepared well in advance.
- 11Add in 1-2 tablespoons new oil, and heat oil to very hot.
- 12Add in carrots, green onions, ginger and garlic; stir fry over high heat for a couple of minutes.
- 13Add in soy sauce, red or white wine, vinegar, sesame oil and crushed chilies (if using).
- 14Bring to a boil.
- 15Add in the beef; mix well to combine.
- 16Serve with or over cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Stir Fried Beef
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.8
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 896.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 41.2 g