Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ginger and lime add zing to simple steamed salmon in this delicious and healthy recipe.
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot
- 2 (175 g) salmon fillets, each 175g, skinned
- 1⁄2 lemons or 1⁄2 lime
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Finely slice the ginger and lay in the base of a steamer (preferably a bamboo one).
- Squeeze the lemon or lime juice over the salmon, season with salt and sit the fillets on top of the ginger.
- Place the steamer over the water, cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Serve immediately with stir-fried vegetables and noodles or rice.
Just tried this recipe last night after a quick search online. Simple, easy and terrific! I'll be using this recipe for years to come. Thank you!
Perfect! Was just browsing for a healthy simple steamed salmon recipe to use up a fillet and some stir fry veg I had knocking about the fridge. Cheers!
Wow wow wow! I am a big ginger lover and a big salmon lover too, but I have never really thought about having the two together apart from in sushi. This was fantastic. I'll have to try it again to confirm, ;) but this was phenomenal. It had a sweet taste to it (from the ginger perhaps) and with some asparagus in the steamer, dinner took under 10 minutes. Awsome. Going straight to my favorites. Thank you for posting!