Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy way to serve peaches. You can serve it plain or with ice cream, cake, yogurt, or anything you like. You can cut back on the cloves if you like, or replace it with 1-2 cinnamon sticks. Source: Southern Living, January 1986.
- 2 (16 ounce) canssliced peaches, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 10 whole cloves (OR 1-2 cinnamon sticks)
- Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- Combine juice, ginger, and cloves in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peaches to hot mixture; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve warm or chilled.
This recipe was good & easy. I love cinnamon and used the cinnamon sticks instead of the cloves. The cinnamon flavor was overpowered by the ginger. I think the next time I make it, I'll use 3 cinnamon sticks.