Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Love nuts, chocolate, carmel and thought that adding gingerbread seasoning sounded really good. Found in Raley's something extra and putting here for safe keeping. **30 minute chill time is Not inclued in either the prep or cook time**
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces caramel candies
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon gingerbread seasoning, Gingerbread Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread seasoning (yes 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup salted cashews
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish with plastic wrap.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl. Microwave on High for 2 minutes. Stir well, then microwave for 30 seconds more or until chips are fully melted. Pour into prepared pan and frezze for 10 minutes or until very firm.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a medium saucepan with sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes or untill fully melted, stirring frequently.
- Stir in spice blend, then nuts; let cool slightly. Spread over chocolate as evenly as possible. Lightly butter a piece of foil and press directly onto the suface to eliminate any gaps in the caramel.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes) then cut into pieces.
- Best stored in the refrigerator.