Recipe by Annacia
Ginger coffee hails from Yemen and rivals any flavored coffee that comes from the coffee shops. It is sweetened with sugar and ground ginger is added. I have added other spices that I enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 -3 teaspoons extra fine ground coffee (should be almost a powder)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- In an ibrik or small saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Once the coffee stops bubbling, place back onto stove.
- top and allow to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and repeat.
- Serve in demitasse cups, being sure to allow the coffee to sit for a minute before serving to allow the grinds to fall to the bottom.