Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ginger coffee hails from Yemen and rivals any flavored coffee that comes from the coffee shops. It is sweetened with sugar and ground ginger is added. I have added other spices that I enjoy.
- In an ibrik or small saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Once the coffee stops bubbling, place back onto stove.
- top and allow to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and repeat.
- Serve in demitasse cups, being sure to allow the coffee to sit for a minute before serving to allow the grinds to fall to the bottom.
The aroma in the kitchen this morning was absolutely delightful! the subtle spices really make the coffee a delicious drink, thanks for posting
Annacia does it again, another wonderful coffee full of flavor and beautiful exotic spices. This was lovely, spicy and perfect. I did add sugar, but left the coffee black. This made a flavorful thick coffee that I enjoyed very much. Thank you for sharing alternative methods for brewing coffee and for sharing another winner.
Made as written including the thrice boil-although I always add cream to my coffee-don't like it black. Filtered coffee is still my favorite method but it's interesting to prepare coffee in the
traditional Arabic style. Reviewed for NA*ME Tag/Summer.