Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Soft and delicious ginger cookies. This was my Mother In Law's recipe. A favorite in our house!!
Make and share this Ginger Sparklers recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar, for rolling cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Soften butter or margarine in microwave. Mix it together with molasses and eggs.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Dough will be very dense.
- Pick up tsp sized ball of dough and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Roll rounded ball into extra sugar to coat.
- Place balls of dough on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minute Cookies may seem crisp when they come out of the oven, but once removed from cookie sheet and stored they should be soft.