Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a sauce I found as part of a tempura recipe. I don't really care for breaded fish, so I just made the sauce and tried it with fish. Very tangy and flavorful. I also tried it with chicken - I haven't tried it with beef or pork, but if anyone does, let us know what you think!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, minced
- Blend all ingredients well.
- Serve with fish or chicken.
I made tempura and tried several different sauces. This was hands down everybody's favorite. I used brown rice vinegar instead of the cider vinegar. Thanks!
I was looking for a dipping sauce for tempura that wouldn't be as salty as straight soy sauce; on the other hand, I didn't want it to be sweet either. This was just what I was looking for -- a hint of heat, the tang of vinegar, and the pop of ginger. Thanks for posting it!