1/6 Photos of Ginger-Soy Salmon & Bok Choy
This is out of this months Woman's Day magazine. Dated 9/16/08 "OK" next months:) This looked so good and healthy I had to save it. If you try it I hope it is enjoyed. On my list to make. It does say that if you or the family don't care for Salmon you can use any firm white fish such as grouper, sea bass or mahi-mahi. This is great served with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs bok choy, halved lengthwise, the slice crosswise in 1 -in . strips
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1Heat broiler.
- 2Heat oil in a a large, deep oven proof nonstick skillet.
- 3Add 1 tbls ginger and the garlic; cook over low heat a few seconds until fragrant.
- 4Add bok choy, mushrooms and carrots.
- 5Stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes, until bok choy and carrots are crisp-tender.
- 6Remove to a serving bowl; cover to keep warm.
- 7Place salmon skin side down in skillet,
- 8In a small cup, mix remaining 1 tbls ginger, the soy sauce and marmalade.
- 9Spoon about half of soy sauce mixture over salmon.
- 10Broil 4 to 6 minutes until salmon is just cooked through.
- 11Drizzle with remaining soy sauce mixture and serve with the vegetables.
- 12Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger-Soy Salmon & Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 649.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 33.0 g