Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is out of this months Woman's Day magazine. Dated 9/16/08 "OK" next months:) This looked so good and healthy I had to save it. If you try it I hope it is enjoyed. On my list to make. It does say that if you or the family don't care for Salmon you can use any firm white fish such as grouper, sea bass or mahi-mahi. This is great served with rice.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bok choy, halved lengthwise, the slice crosswise in 1 -in . strips
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- toasted sesame seeds
- Heat broiler.
- Heat oil in a a large, deep oven proof nonstick skillet.
- Add 1 tbls ginger and the garlic; cook over low heat a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add bok choy, mushrooms and carrots.
- Stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes, until bok choy and carrots are crisp-tender.
- Remove to a serving bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Place salmon skin side down in skillet,
- In a small cup, mix remaining 1 tbls ginger, the soy sauce and marmalade.
- Spoon about half of soy sauce mixture over salmon.
- Broil 4 to 6 minutes until salmon is just cooked through.
- Drizzle with remaining soy sauce mixture and serve with the vegetables.
- Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
The salmon was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.... I will definitely make it again. I rate it a 4 because I was not a fan of the bok choy. In all fairness its my first time eating bok choy so perhaps I just don't like it! DH loved it though! I used apricot marmalade instead of orange because I had some leftover from another recipe I'd made... The salmon was seriously divine though and I think I will definitely experiment with other flavors of marmalade... I don't think you could go wrong! I got salmon with the skin already removed and I had to broil it for about 10 minutes for it to be cooked to my liking.
Delicious flavorful salmon dish! Orange, soy and salmon go perfect together, and it was such an easy dish. I used baby bella mushrooms instead of the shiitake as I had them already and I omitted the carrot. Made for Potluck tag 2010.
This is really yummy. I drizzled the soy sauce mixture also on top of the veggies. Thanks Teresa :) Made for Gimme 5 tag game