Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy, good tasting entree. The flavors are all nice together. Cook time is approximate, depending on size of fillets and heat.
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Combine ginger, garlic, lemongrass, cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, sake, vinegar, chili sauce and sesame oil.
- Place salmon fillets in mixture and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add marinated fish and cook until crisp and golden on each side and cooked through.
- To serve, garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.
This was absolutely wonderful! The flavors all blended together perfectly to give the salmon a nice Asian flavor, and the preparation was very simple. I found a bit of marinade left over, so I made a reduction of that and served it over the fish, which pronounced the flavor even more. Fabulous! Thanks, Miss Annie!
FIVE BIG STARS, Miss Annie! Here is a real winner. My husband is a salmon fisherman and brings home a lot of fish, so we are always looking for new salmon recipes. This one is going to the top of the pile. Extremely easy, cooked up beautifully on the grill and actually looked just like the photo! Changes: doubled recipe, left out lemongrass (didn't have) and marinated a lot longer as we like pretty heavily spiced foods. Six hours in the marinade and it was spectacular. Will make often. THANKS!
I grilled these on the grill, basting with the marinade as it was grilling. We loved the taste of the marinade and will have this again soon! Thanks!