Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe courtesy of chef Bobby Flay. This marinade is versatile and can give any seafood or meat a delicious Asian flare!
- 2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped (2-inch piece)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shells and tails on
- Place shallots, ginger, garlic, soy, lime juice, and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the green onion and oil and blend until combined.
- Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl, pour the marinade over, and let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade and grill for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve on brown paper bags, if desired.
I didn't used shallots. I used only green onions. I didn't have peanut oil so I used vegetable oil. I though of sesame oil but maybe it would have been to overpowering. This is a wonderful marinage for shrimps. I can't wait to try it on the bbq. Thanks Juenessa :) Made for Holiday tag.