Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Goes nicely with fried rice and roasted asparagus. Serve with Kirin or Sapporo for a relaxing meal. (Prep time includes marinating time)
- Mix together ginger, garlic, chili flakes, lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Marinate steak in this mixture for at least one hour (preferably more).
- Drain off marinade and simmer in a saucepan for at least 5 minutes, keep warm.
- Grill or broil steak, basting occasionally with the marinade.
- Allow the steak to sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting (to allow the steak to absorb its own juices).
- Cut the steak across the grain, and serve with the extra warm marinade as a drizzled sauce.
I marinated this for an hour, and in that time, the only flavor that came through was the heat from the chilies. I was a bit disappointed by that. I did have to use ground ginger because the ginger I had in the fridge had gone yucky, which could have been part of the problem.
This is a great blending of flavors. I marinated it for an hour but think next time I'll let it sit much longer to absorb more flavor. I used the steak in a stirfry with peppers, onions and broccoli. Thanks.
I loved the taste of this marinade! I used lemon juice as a substitute for lime. I think it would also be great with chicken.