Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
- 3 lbs chicken wings, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients except green onions and sesame seeds in slow cooker; cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, draining off the fat after 3 hours.
- Arrange chicken wings on a platter; garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
I had trepidations at the 3 hour mark of is this going to cook in time but by the time it got to 4 hours it was fall off the bone delicious chicken wings - I used 10 V wings (the tip had already been removed) and made the full recipe (sorry did not take note of weight on the packet) but had to put 3 of the wings on the top of the other 7 so did juggle them around during cooking to allow for even cooking and as my photo will show they were fall of the bone delicious. Thank you so much for a delicious chicken wing recipe in the crock pot a life saver here with temperatures in the mid 40C's and served with Cold Sesame Noodles for a relaxing dinner. My hat of to you dicentra, made for Name That Ingredient tag game.