Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Phoebe Lapine at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/gx5jTy
Make and share this Ginger-Soy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 lb raw chicken breast, cut into strips (about 1 small)
- 1⁄3 lb buckwheat soba noodles, broken in half
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat until shimmering. Add shallot, white parts of scallions and ginger, and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and saute until mushrooms begin to give up liquid, about 4 minutes.
- Add stock and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Add chicken and noodles and simmer until chicken is cooked through and noodles are tender, 9-11 minutes. Add half the reserved green parts of the scallions and taste for seasoning, adding more soy if salt is needed. Serve garnished with remaining green parts of scallions. Serve with sriracha if desired.