Recipe by winkki
From the cooking demonstration table at our local grocery store...soooooo good! If using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water at least 30 minutes before using so they don't burn on the grill. Prep time includes marinade time.
Top Review by LainieBug
Perfect weather here for grilling, so decided to try this recipe. I marinated the meat for 4 hours. I don't care for red bell peppers or mushrooms, so used only green bell peppers and also a red onion cut into wedges. I threaded the meat on separate skewers from the vegies so I could have the meat medium-rare and the vegies very slightly charred. YUM!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 8 ounces whole mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (may need less) or 1⁄4 cup cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef into 1" cubes; trim fat.
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- (Can use large resealable plastic bag for easy marinading& cleanup) Place beef in marinade, turn to coat; refrigerate 1-4 hrs.
- Cut bell peppers into 1" pieces.
- Brush/spray peppers and mushrooms with vegetable oil/spray.
- Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade.
- Alternate beef, peppers, and mushrooms on skewers.
- Grill 15-20 minutes over medium grill (approx 375F) to desired doneness.