Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good Food Magazine, June 1986
Make and share this Ginger Soft-Shell Crabs recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large soft-shell crabs, cleaned (5-6 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced pared fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Coat crabs with flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Saute in 3 T. hot oil in large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes. Cover and cook 1 minute. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet. Saute shallots in remaining 3 T. hot oil over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add ginger; saute 1 minute. Add broth and scallions; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and sherry. Stir cornstarch mixture into skillet. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Spoon sauce over crabs on serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve hot.