1/1 Photo of Ginger Snaps
I received this recipe from the Prescott Journal which actually called them "Nona's World Famous Ginger Snaps". I found some Molasses Krinkles recipes that had the same ingredients but different baking instructions. Since I won't be keeping the paper and do want to try this recipe I'm posting it here. (By the way 4 tablespoons is equal to 1/4 cup)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together shortening and brown sugar until well mixed, light, and fluffy.
- 2Beat together well the egg, salt, molasses and then mix these into the above.
- 3Sift together flour, baking soad, ground cloves, cinnamon and ginger.
- 4Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine well.
- 5Chill in the refrigerator a few hours or overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7After chilled, shape dough into balls about walnut-sized and place balls on a greased cookie sheet, allowing room for expansion. Flatten balls with a fork.
- 8Bake in 350-degree oven 12 to 15 minutes. Do not let get too brown.
- 9*Recipe also states: I like these cookies thin and crisp. Experiment and adapt to suit taste, size and desired consistancy. Mine are about 2-1/2" in diameter.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Snaps
Serving Size: 1 (802 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 68.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g