Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ginger invigorates, and oil soothes. Try this double dose for dry skin. Adapted from Homemade Beauty Recipes.
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons apricot kernel oil
- 2 teaspoons vitamin E
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa butter
- Preheat your oven on the lowest setting. Finely grate the ginger just enough so that you have about an 1/8 teaspoon of ginger juice. To obtain the juice, squeeze the freshly grated ginger over a small bowl.
- Place the ingredients, including the ginger in a glass or stainless steel pan and heat just until the cocoa butter is melted and the oils are blended.
- Pour into a clean, dry container and store in a cool dry place. You can add a few drops of lemon or other essential oil for a nice twist. Relax, and enjoy!
This wonderful concoction took me twenty minutes to make -- start to finish. Instead of using an oven, I used a double-boiler, and that seemed to work out quite well. I will definitely be relaxing and enjoying this little beauty! Thanks, Sharon123! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.