Recipe by Sharon123
Ginger invigorates, and oil soothes. Try this double dose for dry skin. Adapted from Homemade Beauty Recipes.
Top Review by mersaydees
This wonderful concoction took me twenty minutes to make -- start to finish. Instead of using an oven, I used a double-boiler, and that seemed to work out quite well. I will definitely be relaxing and enjoying this little beauty! Thanks, Sharon123! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons apricot kernel oil
- 2 teaspoons vitamin E
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven on the lowest setting. Finely grate the ginger just enough so that you have about an 1/8 teaspoon of ginger juice. To obtain the juice, squeeze the freshly grated ginger over a small bowl.
- Place the ingredients, including the ginger in a glass or stainless steel pan and heat just until the cocoa butter is melted and the oils are blended.
- Pour into a clean, dry container and store in a cool dry place. You can add a few drops of lemon or other essential oil for a nice twist. Relax, and enjoy!